Do You Qualify?
R&D tax credits are not limited to technical or laboratory research. Any business in any sector may qualify for the scheme. To meet the requirements, you must be a limited company undertaking qualifying research and development activities which include:
- Creating new products, processes or services
- Changing or modifying an existing product or service.
In addition to the above, your project must be overcoming technical challenges and uncertainties and must not be easily worked out by a professional in the field.
Knowing whether you are eligible to claim for R&D can be confusing. If you can answer YES to any of the following questions, call us today for a ‘no obligation’ conversation regarding your potential R&D claim.
- Have you overcome a technical challenge or uncertainty through improving existing or developing new products or processes?
- Have you improved the way the product is manufactured?
- Are you combining two or more existing technologies in a unique way?
- Have you made technological improvements to an existing system?
- Have you had any software developed specifically for your manufacturing or distribution process?
- Are you trying to make something better, cheaper, faster or more efficient?
- Have you undertaken testing?
Already capitalised your R&D expenditure? It may still be possible to claim.
on qualifying industries