Job Vacancies: R&D Tax Consultant & Senior R&D Tax Consultant
Established in 2008, Libcus is a niche consultancy with an overarching aim to support research and development focused businesses to innovate. Our main service offering centres around providing support to secure R&D tax relief.
We are currently 7 people, with a head office in Bakewell, Derbyshire, but covering the UK, working across a wide range of sectors. Our business has grown by an average of 24% year on year over the past five years and is forecasted to accelerate further.
Research and development (R&D) tax relief is a government incentive designed to reward UK companies for investing in innovation. The scheme is a great source of cash for businesses to invest in further R&D and enable growth. For a small profit-making business, the relief means that a company can receive 25% of what they spent on R&D back as a cash payment.
About the role
You will be joining a growing R&D team and as such, you will have the opportunity to play a key part in the continued growth of the business.
You’ll support clients with researching and writing claims for R&D Tax Credits whilst undertaking technical and financial assessment, liaison with HMRC, dealing with HMRC enquiries and client management.
The role is client facing and relies on your ability to deal with senior technical people on a one to one to basis, conducting structured interviews and the writing of high-quality technical reports.
This is a great opportunity if you’re looking for a chance to take on a stimulating role working with clients and in collaboration with a team-based and consultancy environment.
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients
- Technical assessment of projects in line with HMRC R&D tax relief guidelines and preparation of supporting technical documentation
- Writing compelling technical project reports to bring out the key technical factors of client projects to support R&D claims
- Developing own knowledge and skills in R&D tax relief and other related issues, to keep technical knowledge fully up to date and continue to improve.
- Interaction with clients’ technical and engineering staff in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the projects undertaken and identify how aspects of projects meet the R&D Guidelines
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree qualified in a technical subject area, or a degree that has some technical element
- 3+ years experience in an R&D consultant role (Senior Consultant)
- Adept at translating technical conversation into clear, concise and compelling documents
- You interact readily with technical professionals, have outstanding interpersonal skills and excel in eloquence and concise summary of information
- Strong attention to detail and first-time accuracy is essential
- Experience in dealing with technological challenges faced by industry professionals, such as engineering design, the development or improvement of manufacturing processes, development of new products and improvement to existing products
- Project management skills and client relationship-building abilities
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension & bonus scheme
- Regular social events
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday (flexitime available)
Work Location: Hybrid/Bakewell
- R&D Consultant: £30,000 – £42,000 per anum (RDC001)
- R&D Senior Consultant: £55,000 – £65,000 per anum (RDC002)
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter quoting vacancy RDC001/RDC002. We look forward to hearing from you!